Saturday, March 29, 2008

Frankie is my Daddy


Frank-n-Furter changed my life. I rented this movie in 1990 and I was just amazed by Tim Curry's performance. Frankie was aggressive, dangerous, sexy, and pure diva. And his singing voice was so alluring and unique, that I almost took singing lessons. It was something in his character that spoke to me. I don't know if it was his make-up or his Hellfire Club get-up that brought me in.

I think when I was struggling with my sexuality, Dr. Frankie provided a sense of hope. People adored this character and he was an icon in the cult classic world. So I thought if he's accepted, hopefully I will be too.




Since then there's been copies of the Doctor of Drag, but none will ever be as great as the Sweet Transvestite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way :)

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.