Monday, April 21, 2008

Favorite Comic mini-series...The Milkman Murders


I was a bit disappointed with the Friday the 13th comic book series, but I was glad to come across, The Milkman Murders.

Comic kids, if you love horror, or disturbing stories, this is the one for you. It came out about 3 years ago, it's such a great read.

The description goes like this: After an assault by a mysterious and monstrous milkman, a typical American housewife has finally had too much of her hideous, deranged family, in this twisted parody of a Norman Rockwell image as painted by serial-killing folk-artist John Wayne Gacy. She takes a simple word of advice from her idol, the perfect 1950's mom on her television screen-"Discipline."


I loved this story. It was smart, sad, but creepy. I made me think about what really goes on in our homes. If y'all get the chance, check it out.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

I will have to check this out..

Christopher said...

Okay, I just ordered this from Amazon--it better rock! Oh! I love Richard Laymon books too!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.