Monday, April 7, 2008

Kate Bush, please return...please



Kate Bush. The muse, the artist, the all. I miss musicians like her. She was a motivating force during my grad school days. In 2000, I stumbled on her music watching VH1 100 women of rock n roll. There was something in her voice that called me. A day later I bought the Hounds of Love CD. After that, I was a fan for life. Since then I've collected every CD and VHS of her videos.

And speaking of her videos, they are amazing! Take note Mariah and Mess-donna, try something way out of the box. Kate's music is beyond words, I'm always moved by her lyrics, her style, and her use of instruments. She's one of a kind,
something that's rare in today music world. She dropped a CD a couple years, which was superb and breathtaking. I wish she would do another one soon.

If anyone's curious about Kate, google her and check out her CDs. Especially The Kick Inside, Hounds of Love, The Sensual World, The Red Shoes, and Aerial.









3 comments:

Greg said...

Oh, I always liked Kate Bush, that smokey, sad but strong voice. "Don't Give Up" (with Peter Gabriel) was on the charts around the time I finally came out. She'll always have a special bit of my heart.

Hey!...Nice Blog! said...

Yeah, I love Kate Bush. Although you missed pointing out one of her best albums, "The Dreaming". Even so, "Running up that Hill" still causes shivers up my spine...

Anonymous said...

She's great ain't she. 'The Dreaming' is my favorite album of hers closely followed by Hounds of Love and The Sensual World.

Her videos are great too, especially love the cuteness of The Big Sky, the enchanting video of The Sensual World, the slightly nutty Sat In Your Lap and of course that bewitching Wuthering Heights.

Think I'm gonna have to do a mini-marathon of her albums now. I'm totally in the mood :)

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.