Thursday, May 22, 2008

They are smarter than I thought


John "The Duke" McCain let his madcap preacher, John Hagee go.

The original G.I. Joe rejected the endorsement after CNN brought to his attention Hagee's comments that Adolf Hitler had been fulfilling God's will by hastening the desire of Jews to return to Israel in accordance with biblical prophecy.

McCain said, "Obviously, I find these remarks and others deeply offensive and indefensible, and I repudiate them. I did not know of them before Rev. Hagee's endorsement, and I feel I must reject his endorsement as well."

Then, as a surprise response Hagee said,

"I am tired of these baseless attacks and fear that they have become a distraction in what should be a national debate about important issues. I have therefore decided to withdraw my endorsement of Sen. McCain for president effective today, and to remove myself from any active role in the 2008 campaign," he said in a statement.

"I hope that the Sen. McCain will accept this withdrawal so that he may focus on the issues that are most important to America and the world."

See, that's class...I think. Perhaps Rev. Crazy Train Wright could take a lesson from him.



2 comments:

EMikeGarcia said...

But, I guess when Hagee was blaming Homos for the raining down of hellfire, McCain thought nothing of it.

Greg said...

Sounds to me like Hagee did the whole "You can't break up with me, I'm breaking up with YOU." thing.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.