Sunday, June 8, 2008

80s Dance-ercize movies teach life lessons


Tonight at the New Beverly Cinema, I was blessed to see one of my favorite movies on the big screen. It's called Heavenly Bodies, and it's a feel good movie with tights and romance.

The plot (thanks IMDb) is this: A small "Dance-ercize" studio fights for its existence against the unscrupulous owner of a rival club. The conflict boils down to a "Dance Marathon" to settle the score.

I love this movie mostly for the message at the end. It says when it get tough, you have to keep going. Back in the day, I didn't have much hope going on. When I saw this movie, it sold me on the "keep going" notion. I shed a tear tonight, thinking about the past. It made me realize how far I have come.

Here's clip of the movie (The last scene)

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.