Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mississippi Partying


I found this interesting piece of info today. I didn't think segregation still existed or seriously existed now. But I read this article about Mississippi and found out that this town of Charleston, just had their first mixed prom.

Their first one! Thanks to Morgan Freeman, the actor, who grew up near the small town. He paid for the prom to happen and hopes this will open people's minds. The kids were fine with it, but the parents and the older crowd wasn't feeling it(those damn grown-ups).

There's more to this story, so click the title.

3 comments:

kid said...

Glad you came by. when I grew up my favorite comics were MAD and Cracked.So you know the illustrators I like were.I'm a comic junkie.Now fool(just funnin')any feedback? Likes and dislikes?Pull my coat to it. Later.

WhozHe said...

Their first? It's about time!!

Butch said...

It's pathetic and hard to believe that segregation is still "alive and well" in this country. On second thought, look at the homophobia,that is going to be around for a long time as well.;-(

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.