Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bizarro Remake World


I feel that we are in another universe filled with useless remakes and no creativity. Today, I was hit with a deadly blow.

They want to remake Poltergeist! Why in the hell would they want to do that? It's Poltergeist! It's fine the way it is!

MGM has given the movie to the scripting team that wrote Boogeyman, you know, the movie that NO ONE REMEMBERS! What's happening now, why do studios continue to crush our movie dreams. There's not much more about this madness, but I hope somebody wakes up and smell the bullsh**.

4 comments:

Joie Mayfield said...

OMG, I saw Boogeyman in Theaters. It was horrible!

Greg said...

You know, remakes of really old movies that maybe aren't in circulation or were cheesy the first go-around were once kind of cool. But now it's getting out of hand.

Just in the past week I've heard talk of a Rocky Horror Picture Show remake, which would be equally wrong.

Come on, studio people. The public will still turn out for an original idea, instead of some regurg-ed version of something they already know.

Wonder Man said...

I agree, I feel this is a sign for me to apply to cinema school here at University of Southern Cali. I mean, I have ideas that could work and I'm willing to take a shot at it. So who knows

Anonymous said...

You're shitting me. That is a classic for us Gen X'ers. Leave it alone!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.