Monday, November 17, 2008

Twilight...the BIG woop

So Twilight is coming out and you would think it's a new spin to the vamp stuff, right? Well, it ain't.

I'm sorry, I've tried to get it but I don't. The concept isn't new. A girl falls for a vampire, he like he too, his evil friends wants her, they fight, the evil one dies, and their love is forbidden.

That's Buffy, Angel, Dark Shadows, True Blood, Love at First Bite, and the Anne Rice collection. What is so amazing about this story? Nothing. Is it really that good? No. I have secretly read a few chapters and I was done. I was bored with it. I get more drama in Comics.

Maybe, I too old for it since it's about teens, but the storyline ain't all that. I'm fascinated by the hype of this book and movie, I can't believe how folks are jumping at it. Are we really missing Buffy and Angel? Or is there something I'm missing here?

Plus...he is not a cute vampire.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

My girlfriend from work bought me the book and I thought it was TRASH! It was so boring and I just couldn't get into it.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.