Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Heavy Metal? Another One? Oh Yeah!


Do y'all remember Heavy Metal the movie? This movie was a powerful animation mindf**k to me! As a kid, this movie played a part of my exploration of comics, drawing, sci-fi and sexuality. I wasn't suppose to watch it, but when my grandmama was asleep, TV was fair game.

But here's the reason why I'm talking about this. It may be back on the screen again!

“Heavy Metal” publisher and editor Kevin Eastman has announced that Zack Snyder, David Fincher and Gore Verbinski are on board to direct three segments of the currently-in-development revamp of Heavy Metal.

The movie will follow the earlier one with four or five different, self-contained stories riddled in sex, blood, magic, and aliens. I'm excited, y'all! I can't tell how this will be a good thing for the geek community. Hopefully, the movie will live up to the hype. But with those 3 guys working on it, I'm sure it will be great.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.