Wednesday, December 31, 2008

WHAT IF Bryan Singer never left X-Men 3?


As some of y'all can tell, my heart was broken with X-Men 3. Brett Ratner ruined this for me and although it's been about 3 years, I'm still bitter about this.

But today, I thought about how it would've been if Bryan Singer would've stayed, instead of leaving for Superman Returns.

For Bryan, it was a opportunity of a lifetime to do a Superman movie. However, if he stayed on the X-Men this is how it would've turned out.

Jean Grey would have returned. The White Queen would have been introduced and use her powers to control Jean. Magneto takes notice and also tries to gain control of Jean with the White Queen's help. But their meddling causes Jean to lose control and go all Dark Phoenix. Overwhelmed by her powers, Jean makes Cyclops kill her, but her spirit survives and becomes a "Phoenix".

No Morlocks.
No "Cure".
No Twink ass Angel.
No overarching plotlines.

Just a story, a different story, but a better story than the mess we got.
It also hurts, really hurts, to know that if Joss Whedon was free from the Wonder Woman debacle, he could've directed the movie.

Ugggh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recall Tom Hanks on the Tonight Show, many years ago, saying how much he and Disney regretted killing the dog because that prevented them from doing a sequel.

The same sort of applies with XMEN 3.

Joie Mayfield said...

I liked X3, but I so wish Singer's version was the version we got. I love Bryan Singer...which is one reason I liked Superman Returns as much as I did.

brotherkomrade said...

I too share your pain. Bret "my-mommy-started-my-career" Ratner sh*t all over this franchise and made it so to where there will never be an X-4. If the Wolverine movie is a success, then you can bet we'll never see another x-men movie unless it's a reboot or another spin-off. It Wolvie sucks, I can guarantee the same, but doubly so. Didn't like Superman, but I don't DC heroes. I sat through it just to see Singer's work.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.