Sunday, February 15, 2009

Horror Movies are now Doomed


The remix of Friday the 13th made $42 million this weekend, and that spells DOOM. Because of this, I'm sure there is more of this frat boy Horror to come.

This movie...Goddess, this movie could've been better in so many ways. Less campy, more creepy, better kills, less Jason running, more mystery, less breast, less jokes and more Horror.

I'm not trying to be a Hater, I just believe in good Horror. The first one was creepy, Pamela Voorhees was glorious and wonderful as the killer. And Jason was perfect in the next 3 flicks after that. Michael Bay's version was so off and yet, on point with masses. He made this flick for everybody...I thought it should've been for the Horror fans and then everybody jumps aboard.

However, money must be made and Horror must suffer.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Although I enjoyed the movie, I have to admit that I would have loved to have seen a "hardcore" Friday The 13th movie. This wasn't the movie to please the fans, this was the movie to lure teenagers into the movies.

Unknown said...

this movie shouldn't have made 42.2 million this weekend...it was VERY tame but hey that's how it goes

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.