Friday, February 27, 2009

Huckleberry Hound Lied in his GOP Speech


I knew it! There was some else fishy about Bobby Jindal's speech!

Huckle said he was standing right next to Sheriff Harry Lee during Katrina trying to help the abandoned people. It was mentioned during that whole 'arrest me' part of his speech.

During Katrina, I visited Sheriff Harry Lee, a Democrat and a good friend of mine. When I walked into his makeshift office I'd never seen him so angry. He was yelling into the phone: 'Well, I'm the Sheriff and if you don't like it you can come and arrest me!' I asked him: 'Sheriff, what's got you so mad?' He told me that he had put out a call for volunteers to come with their boats to rescue people who were trapped on their rooftops by the floodwaters. The boats were all lined up ready to go - when some bureaucrat showed up and told them they couldn't go out on the water unless they had proof of insurance and registration. I told him, 'Sheriff, that's ridiculous.' And before I knew it, he was yelling into the phone: 'Congressman Jindal is here, and he says you can come and arrest him too!' Harry just told the boaters to ignore the bureaucrats and start rescuing people.

Anyway, that part didn't happen. This part did: Jindal wasn't there at the big story moment, he spoke to the Sheriff after the fact.

However Jindal's team is consistently trying to 'fix' this story and making him look more like a big ole liar.

The nerve of that hound.

4 comments:

Allan S. said...

He really bombed! I think he wanted to either get out of the loop for 2012, because he doesn't want to be connected with the person they are lining up, or he just doesn't get it.

I can't believe he thought he was really doing a good job.

Bob said...

A Repugnant lied?

Who'da thunk it?

Todd HellsKitchen said...

He's another in the ling line of Repub punch lines... In line right behind Joe the Plumber and two behind Sarah Sunshine.

Joy said...

They keep rewriting history and don't seem to realize there are records of all this and people who remember what really happened! What a bumbling fool he is!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.