Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hey Youtube...The Gay Comic Geek isn't Inappropriate


So for a few months, I've been watching Youtube postings of Paul Staffelbach or The Gay Comic Geek. He's a bit like me when it comes to comic books, movies and toys.

His reviews are pretty good and the vids are great, but in some Bizarro-laced world, Youtube finds his vlogs...Inappropriate.

How, I don't know. I mean Youtube is where you can see OZ jail clips, Horror kills, cuss words, schoolgirls fight galore, but GCG's material...Inappropriate?

I don't understand Youtube's policies, but they should leave Paul alone. I can't see what he's did wrong, and I hope it's not what I think it is.

Here's a link to his blog, where talks about the issue.

So Paul, stay on the up and up! The other Gay Geeks got your back!


Thanks to DoorQ (Jody) for posting this.

2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

YouTube has a "policy"?

Anonymous said...

Yes, Todd, a policy against discriminating against anything gay. Users can flag anything and if it's gay, they flag in higher numbers and YouTube doesn't even consider the fact that it's discrimination.

Unfortunately, they have such a monopoly over Internet vids, it's hard to switch to something else.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.