Monday, March 16, 2009

Is Michael Steele Up to Something?


Okay, bare with me as I go into conspiracy mode. Michael Steele may be on to something.

His statements in GQ mag...

"I'm not gonna jump up and down and beat people upside the head about it and tell gays that they're wrong for wanting to aspire to that, and all of that craziness… [Y]ou just can't simply say, oh, like, 'Tomorrow morning I'm gonna stop being gay.' It's like saying, 'Tomorrow morning I'm gonna stop being black.'"

was the obvious sugar to the GOP's Hate-o-rade. Many of them was upset and screaming for him "to pack his knives, and go", but let's stop for a second...Is this a plan?

Could Steele be a mastermind for something bigger? This is why I'm thinking this. His new statements could his movement to an open and more inclusive GOP. Realizing the failures of the past and the shift in the cultural war, why not try a different stance. Steele can say, as the new Chair RNC, that he issued 'change'. He's trying make a better GOP that's real and true.

And that, could make him as the perfect GOP candidate for President. He changing the old school ways (to some degree) and he's challenging his party. It's like he setting up his role. The GOP can't get rid of him because it will heighten the belief that they are out of touch. And if they keep him, Steele could be their Ace in the hole.

That my weird theory today, but I feel Steele is a very smart man.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.