Friday, March 13, 2009

Why! By the Grace of Hera...WB is trying to Remix, IT


While I think it can be tinkered, I'm not sure about the IT reboot.

I happen to like the TV version, Tim Curry was wonderful as the killer clown.

According to THR, they have already begun the process:

Dave Kajganich has been hired pen the script, which follows a group of kids called the Losers Club that encounter a creature called It, which preys on children and whose favorite form is that of a sadistic clown called Pennywise.

When the creature resurfaces, the kids are called upon to regroup again, this time as adults, even though they have no memory of the first battle.
The novel is set in 1958 and 1985, though the feature version will be set in the present day.

"It" was the best-selling book of 1986 and in 1990 was turned into an ABC miniseries that starred John Ritter, Harry Anderson, Tim Reid, Annette O'Toole and Richard Thomas. Tim Curry played Pennywise.

The screen rights have bounced around town since then, and at one time landing at the WB and again at Sci Fi.


It could be good but so far, all the reboots have been a mess.

Please do IT right!

4 comments:

Bob said...

I'm with you on that one!

I loved the book.
Loved the TV movie.

I have never been one of those "afraid of clowns" people, but Pennywise came awful close.

Eric Arvin said...

Tim Curry gave me nightmares!

Greg said...

With the recent trend of remaking horror films/TV shows, I think the creators feel the audience wants more gore and terror. The original It was terrifying enough; no one can hold a candle to TIm Curry's clown.

Joy said...

I can't do gore and terror. Just that picture scares me. I'm such a wimp.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.