Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Top 7 Storm Stories

Storm...my favorite X-Men character has been through it over the years. But through each issue, she remains strong.

So I wanted to share some of my favorite Storm stories


Marvel Team-Up 100- Ororo meets her future husband, The Black Panther. It was a cute story which gave us a glimpse of her childhood.

UXM 122- Ororo visits her childhood home in Harlem and learned the harsh truth about life. We saw a human side of her in this story.


UXM 151-152- Emma Frost switched bodies with Storm. After the switch was reversed, Ororo had to give Emma the beat down


UXM 170- Storm had to save the X-Men, so she toughen up and stabbed Callisto in the heart. I gain respect for her in this issue

UXM 188- Storm lost her powers, dealt with the shock of that and fell in love with Forge.

UXM 198- She came to terms with her fate and rediscovered her purpose.

UXM 290-Forge asked for her hand in marriage, but her hesitation caused Forge rescind his offer and leave Storm heartbroken...I cried after reading this issue.

5 comments:

D.J. said...

WHAT???!!!!! How you gonna leave out Storm during the Brood in space saga??? Other than that great choices.

Ian said...

Storm is awesome isn't she? I hated it in the 80s when she went all punk and cut her hair.

I've never been a fan of the Black Panther, so wanted Ororo to end up with Forge, but alas, at least she is a Queen now.

Christopher said...

I loved her battle to save Warren!

Jonathan Pizarro said...

I loved it when she stabbed Callisto through the heart! She's never looked so sexy...or deadly!

I also loved her in her supporting role in Cable in the late 90s. Ian Churchill made her look beautiful, and she took on a very serene spiritual role.

Prince Todd said...

I can't believe you forgot the one (classic X-Men)where she was captured and corrupted by Dracula! That is my favorite storyline with Storm...She would make a great vampire.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.