Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sci-Fi Writer, Orson Scott Card joins NOM



It's sad when one of our Sci-Fi folks is living in a parallel world, like hate-a-gay-world.

Okay bad joke, but I'm just talking about Orson Scott Card's latest stab in the LGBT geeks' hearts.

Orson is a well known science fiction author. His works includes Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead and Ultimate Iron Man. And then there is his other passions...a Mormon Times columnist and a huge hater of us. In fact he said that if Prop 8 passed, the goverment should be overthrown.

He said:
How long before married people answer the dictators thus: Regardless of law, marriage has only one definition, and any government that attempts to change it is my mortal enemy. I will act to destroy that government and bring it down, so it can be replaced with a government that will respect and support marriage, and help me raise my children in a society where they will expect to marry in their turn.


Interesting...Crazy...

So fast forward a bit to now, where we have been entertained by Maggie Gallagher's comedy troupe, the National Organization for Marriage. Just when I thought they were through, Orson joins them. Why, I don't know.

However, he talks about why we want marriage...

The dark secret of homosexual society — the one that dares not speak its name — is how many homosexuals first entered into that world through a disturbing seduction or rape or molestation or abuse, and how many of them yearn to get out of the homosexual community and live normally.

It’s that desire for normality, that discontent with perpetual adolescent sexuality, that is at least partly behind this hunger for homosexual “marriage.”

Sorry, Orson. I wasn't molested, abuse or raped, and the same for other LGBT folks. So that theory is busted. But I am curious to see how he might mix his Sci-Fi stuff into NOM's silly agenda.

5 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

Clearly, he's a fucking nutjob...

Jamie Paisley said...

This pattern of his is the reason why I couldn't continue to read the "Ender's Game" series, no matter how good/well written it is.
Also the reason why I avoided his table at Comic-Con last year.

Christopher said...

I recieved two of his books as gifts recently. They are now going in the trash--FUCK HIM.

me said...

Yet the majority of child molesters out there are straight! whats in his closte?

Ron Buckmire said...

You should tell all your friends... no more Card books!!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.