Thursday, May 21, 2009

White House LGBT Announcements may be coming soon


This is not big, big news, but at least it's something. California Rep. Howard Berman thinks the White House may be providing some interesting info regarding LGBT policies sometime soon.

“I think the White House is preparing to make an announcement on a number of issues,” he said, declining to go into detail. “I’m predicting here, not informing, that by the Stonewall anniversary we will have a very clear picture of what the administration is doing.”

Will this be the info everybody wants to hear (DOMA & DADT)? Or more of the same. I guess we will see in June.


Source

1 comment:

Allan S. said...

Hmmm, very interesting. I read your earlier post about the idea of a national gay rally. I was hesitant to say yes to the idea. I know realize that what I want to see is what Pres. Obama does in his first year. After that the community can start to look at what lies ahead and determine what actions are needed.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.