Saturday, June 26, 2010

Interesting Quote: Stephenie Meyer


"I know that's what everyone cares about. I also know that the right answer would be for me to say 'Oh yah, it's done! And it'll be out next month!' But that's not true. It's also not true that I've got a ton of work done on it, and that's what I'm working on. What's true is that I'm really burned out on vampires. And, I don't want to write it badly. So I want to wait until I'm excited about the material again, and I'm excited about Edward, and that it's something that's motivating. You know, when a story is keeping me up at night, and I'm waking up at 4 am in the morning and thinking 'Yes! That is what should happen in this moment!' Then that is when I can write with happiness! So, right now it feels like homework ... it really does. And when things feel like homework they go very, very slowly for me."


The Queen of the Twinkle Vamps is tired of them... Good.

3 comments:

Ian said...

I know the stories aren't Shakespeare but why does everyone hate on her stuff so? Just curious. I'm in-between. Some days i like her, some days I don't. I figured she wrote the books with the Tween mindset, so who am I at (way older than a tweenager) to complain? Ditto for anyone else, right?

Kyle Leach said...

I doubt she is really tired of her characters. I bet she is tired of the press, the Hollywood big boys, and fans telling her what to do with her characters, but that is the price of fame and fortune.

Mind Of Mine said...

I personally cannot wait till she gets the motivation to write Twilight from Edwards perspective!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.