Sunday, January 23, 2011

Flavor Flav is opening his own KFC


Flavor Flav is back, but not on TV, as a business owner. Frying Chicken.
Reality TV star and Public Enemy group member Flavor Flav said it's time to open Flav’s Fried Chicken. The inaugural location for the fried-chicken franchise will be in Clinton, a move that seems as unlikely as Flavor Flav’s shift from popular musician to television star. But Flav received plenty of help picking the spot for FFC by local restaurateur and FFC business partner, Nick Cimino.

Cimino’s brother, Peter, owns Mama Cimino’s in Las Vegas, ushering in a relationship that eventually led to Flav’s appearance in Clinton.

“When the (Cimino) family first met me, it was automatically love at first sight,” Flav said while standing in his restaurant Friday. “They loved your boy Flav.”

Once Flav started selling his 99-cent chicken wings at Mama Cimino’s in Las Vegas, Nick Cimino developed the idea to bring FFC to Clinton.

“Nick sees me frying the chicken and says ‘I’m going back to my town and I’m going to build us a restaurant, the first FFC restaurant,’” Flav said. “I said, ‘Huh, are you serious?’”
Well, Flav this better be some good chicken. And DON'T let Hottie work there.


source

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't. I can't!

Unknown said...

Too be that damn embarrising, it better be damn good.

Unknown said...

Oh, Flav . . .Flav . . .do you, boo . . .do you lol

Prince Todd said...

Flava Flave, the coon of all coons, opening a KFC. Seems apropos.

WilsonW said...

Child, if he wants to open a chicken joint, more power to him, my prayers go up for his patrons. But I must say that sign of him in the background looks like a museum piece from the Jim Crow Museum. Put it right next to the Mamie cookie jars.

robertga99 said...

OH Flav!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.