Sunday, January 30, 2011

Henry Cavill is Superman


The Man of Steel is cast. Henry will be Kal-El, the last son of Krypton.
Best known for his role as Charles Brandon on Showtime's "The Tudors," Cavill, 27, will take on the iconic role in director Zach Snyder's film, which is expected to hit theaters in December 2012.
In a statement, Cavill expressed his delight at being cast in the role, which was previously held by the late Christopher Reeve in four feature films in the 1970s and 1980s and Brandon Routh in Bryan Singer's 2006 film "Superman Returns." 

"In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen," Cavill said. 
source

5 comments:

David Dust said...

I think it's an excellent choice - he is so damn beautiful!

XOXOXO

Unknown said...

I've put The Tudors on my Netflix... so I can get acquainted with him.
Still, even though I knew Brandon wouldn't be back, it's sad to become so official.

Anonymous said...

I will miss Brandon, I had a crush on him.
Henry maybe to a good job that remains to be seen.

EMikeGarcia said...

Very, very good choice!

My vote still would've gone to Sam Page, but this guy looks the part. Let's hope it turns out ok.

Damien said...

I think Henry Cavill is an excellent choice. Excellent actor and looks the part too.

However, I loved Brandon "Channelling Christopher Reeve" Routh too........

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.