Saturday, January 29, 2011

Interesting Quote: Jonathan Knight


"I have never been outed by anyone but myself! I did so almost twenty years ago. I never know that I would have to do it all over again publicly just because I reunited with NKOTB! I have lived my life very openly and have never hidden the fact that I am gay! Apparently the pre requiste to being a gay public figure is to appear on the cover of a magazine with the caption "I am gay". I apologize for not doing so if this is what was expected! My belief is that you live your life by example, and not by a caption on a magazine! If there ever has been any confusion about my sexuality, then you are someone that doesn't even know me!"

"I love living my life being open and honest, but at this time I choose not to discuss my private life any further! My fellow band members don't discuss their private lives with their loved ones and I don't feel that just because I am gay, I should have to discuss mine!"

source

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he's always been out, then why did the Enquirer and Perez run so many outing stories in 2009? Why didn't he react and make a statement then?

Cubby said...

I'm dying to go to this guy's house and remove the exclamation point from his keyboard.

Anonymous said...

Really Cubby!?" I'd think that you'd be more interested in giving it to him! Ba! Da! Bing!!!

Allan S. said...

I had no idea. He looks good. Did any Backstreet Boy come out?

Unknown said...

Good for him.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.