Saturday, August 27, 2011

Marti Noxon wants Wonder Woman


Buffy the Vampire Slayer writer Marti Noxon would love a shot to write for WW. In an interview with FEAR.net, she talks about her wish:

You've always had a penchant for strong female characters. Do you have a dream project? Do you want to, like, create the next female action hero?

I would love to. To be honest - as scary as it is - part of me wishes I could take a crack at Wonder Woman. There was a moment where it looked like I might get involved in the TV version. She is one of the few in the canon that hasn't been exploited. There are reasons for that; there is stuff in her mythology that are really silly. The costume - she's in a star-spangled bathing suit! And she uses a "lasso of truth" and rides around in an invisible plane. But they don't have to be that way. I definitely have a point of view about that. If I could do it, and nobody could "yell at me"... if the internet wasn't poised to explode in hate, no matter what you did, I would be out there, really pushing for it.
I would more faith in Marti than David E. Kelley anyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go for it!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.