Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Did You Know there was a 'John Stewart' Cameo in Green Lantern and it got Cut?


If you don't know who John Stewart' is, then let me tell you... He's the Green Lantern. Or better yet, the Green Lantern on the Justice League cartoons (for those who are late in the game).

To my surprise, he had a cameo in the GL movie, but that scene was cut. The actor Nick Jones Jr. had something to say about that:
That’s fine, it was a little disappointing at first but when I took a step back to see the big picture I was reminded how blessed I am to be where I am today. I remember dressing as Tony the Tiger when I first jumped into acting so I understand that this is an uphill grind. I’m prepared for that and I welcome the challenge. One of my favorite quotes is from Barack Obama, “I never expected to be here. I always knew this journey was improbable. I’ve never been on a journey that wasn’t.” What I get most from that quote is to always stay positive and to also know what you’re getting yourself into. I think working on those two particular projects helped me most with my professionalism. I need to be able to hold my own with actors I grew up watching and admiring. Something I thought I couldn’t do at first because I’m a fan at heart. It’s hard not to nerd out at times. Now I have that comfort level and confidence. The more I do in this business the more it will help me to create my own presence and that’s a major key to success.
Well, I hope he's in the Director's Cut. What a shame that a cutie was denied screen time. 

source

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And he looks thick, too! I need to see him, in that CGI skin tight costume. And I need to see the behind the scenes footage of him in the Motion Capture Tights.
Travesty of Hotness...

Anonymous said...

I knew this and he is not that handsome to me.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.