Wednesday, November 30, 2011

R.I.P. Ken Russell and Thank You for 'Tommy'


Ken Russell took music, sex and imagery to the next level. He was a true visionary and trailblazer in the arts.

But what I love him for is directing 'Tommy'! Tommy is The Who's classic rock opera. It was so innovative for its time. It was filled with talented stars and musicians. When I first saw this movie, I was hooked and obsessed. Especially by these particular scenes and performances

Eric Clapton


Tina Turner


Ann Margret



Thank you, Ken. You gave me so much from this flick.

Here's more about Ken Russell

1 comment:

WilsonW said...

Go head TINA!!!!!!! Yes this movie was something else. I saw it when I was younger. If I watched it again it may make a lot more sense. LOL! But yes the visuals were...Wow!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.