Friday, August 31, 2012

Transgender Activist Janet Mock will give Keynote Speech at LGBTQ Youth Conference


Transgender activist Janet Mock will give the keynote speech at the Hispanic Black Gay Coalition's 2012 LGBTQ Youth Empowerment Conference.

Janet will be touching on her own personal battles, while encouraging the youth to live authentic and true lives.

Janet said:
"I know that it's so much more than me, so much more than my story, so much more than trying to gain recognition for my journey. It's about kids just like me, kids who are still fighting the good fight every day to just be who they are, no matter how different they may seem from their peers. They are the real heroes, and these courageous kids deserve a shining example who can help lighten their load by merely existing and being an inspiration."
The conference will take place in October 20th on campus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Mass.

source

1 comment:

WilsonW said...

You go Janet! She is smart and beautiful and has more balls than I could imagine or in reality. Mad RESPECT!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.