Friday, October 19, 2012

My Bullet Point Review/Reaction to American Horror Story: Asylum


I was a day late on American Horror Story, but better late than never. Here's my reaction.
  • They used 'Carrie's pull the rope to the bucket of blood' theme music.
  • The alien piece was a bit much.
  • Sex, blow jobs and more sex is the overall theme of the show so far.
  • Gamma Rays? I wonder if the Hulk will appear.
  • They have a bakery in the asylum... Meaning they are eating the patients (Soylent Green is People!)
  • Yes, there was an anal probe.
  • They are bringing some Sci-Fi elements in this season.
  • Like before, the opener is chock full of stuff, question and madness.
  • They are also playing up the homosexual scare of the 60s, interesting move.
I'll watch, but it seems a little messy. However, it worked for the first season.

3 comments:

Bob said...

I liked it, though I thought there was too much [aliens, mutant animals in the woods, nuns and sex, anti-gay themes, experimentation on humans] going on.

BUT....Jessica Lange is really creepy, so I'm in!

Greg said...

I felt that too much was going on, as if they needed to put everything in the first episode instead of allowing it to build. I'll give it one more episode, but it's probably not going to be something I'll make an effort to watch.

behrmark said...

You'd be surprised at how much I'm glad I don't have cable.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.