Sunday, April 28, 2013

My thoughts on Bradley Manning/Grand Marshal Drama


Whose bright idea was it to make Bradley a grand marshal of SF Pride? Luckily, it was short-lived and shut down.

Truth be told, I'm not seeing this 'Bradley Manning a hero' thing.

I read many posts and personal blogs, and I can't... I can't. This man leaked thousands files that put many folks in danger. I know he was fighting against DADT, but he could've cost lives or set off a deadly chain reaction of events.

Regardless of how 'hororable' his actions were, it was still foolish and dangerous. Now, some would disagree, but many agree.

 Manning is considered disgrace, a traitor and selfish. For example, Stephen Peters, president of American Military Partners Association, said:
"Manning's blatant disregard for the safety of our service members and the security of our nation should not be praised. The group, which advocates for same-sex military families, had called on the Pride Committee to rescind the invitation.

"No community of such a strong and resilient people should be represented by the treacherous acts that define Bradley Manning,"
Harsh words, but very real.

I can't see Manning as a hero, I do think he's guilty. Hell, he pleaded guilty. So why would stand for this guy who could've dropped some serious drama our way?

I don't know, if y'all have any opinions on this please share them.

source

1 comment:

Ian said...

I must have had my head in the ground because I'm not aware of the circumstances with this one. Is this guy as bad as Dan CHoi?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.