Monday, July 22, 2013

Comic-Con 2013 Recap


So, another Comic-Con is done. It was really fun this year and I didn't overspend. I'm learning how to do this fiscally now.

The hustle of this event never gets old and it was a bad ass experience. Let's me share with you the biz.

  • The goal was to get the Glitter 'N Gold Jem doll and let me tell you, it was not easy. In fact, I waited over 4 hours in line to get her. Then, it got really interesting because I was trying to get 2 of them, however the limit was one. So, this cute geek helped me out by getting the second one for me. I also helped him by giving him a kiss (jk) I got him a Boba Fett figure.
  • I met a few people who follow me on Twitter and Facebook. One guy could actually tell me about all the Wonder Woman posts I wrote.
  • It was super crowded this year. Tons of people.
  • I saw two students I mentored over the years. One from Murray State and one from USC.
  • I watched the Agents of SHIELD pilot. It's going to be awesome!
  • I love working the PRISM Comics booth, it's truly a great experience to be around LGBT comics and creators.
  • The Gaslamp area in San Diego never seems to be prepared for Comic-Con.
  • Over 2,000 people camp out overnight to see 1 minute film clips. Just think about that for a minute.
  • Preview Night, should be called Hasbro Night because everyone goes to the Hasbro toy booth on Preview Night.
  • I'm not feel the Superman/Batman film. Where's Wonder Woman?
  • Gay geeks are truly amazing.
  • The Gays in Comics panel wasn't as good as it could've been. A couple of egos spoiled the whole bunched.
  • The Comic-Con staff needed more training. They never seemed to know what was going on.
  • There were a lot of writers panels that are really good.
  • Packing your own lunch is key.
  • The best times to walk the floor is on Sunday after 4.
  • Celebs love to drink.
  • I am tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun. I want to go, but the crowds would make me claustrophobic. It seems like every picture I see is full of people packed like sardines in a can. I'd hate to be in something like that too long.

Unknown said...

I think i read an article week ago, that said the Comicon Staff is mostly volunteer... which would explain why they are clueless.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.