Sunday, August 18, 2013

Is This Kiss among the Russian Runners, just a Kiss? Yeah, it was. - VIDEO


Yesterday, the gay webs went crazy over runners Tatyana Firova and Kseniya Ryzhova's kiss. Many say it was a direct jab at the Russian anti-gay law, but others believe it was a celebratory kiss.


I became curious about this, so I start searching through Russian history and other things. Normally, they do share a celebratory kiss, however, I can see how folks would believe it was a message of protest.

I mean, the timing is perfect. But, I couldn't claim this as an 'In Your Face' method. I need to hear from the ladies about their intentions. Plus, I want to be careful of being ignorant of their customs and culture... So, I'll wait until the runners speak for themselves.

It's possible that their kiss was just a kiss. And judging by this clip, it just a celebratory kiss

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Either a kiss is just a kiss, or those girls have... oh, it's only a kiss. I don't see a protest going on there.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.