Saturday, August 30, 2014

Gay Teen who was attacked by his Family, speaks out


The video that I posted the other day, turns out to be real. Daniel Pierce was attacked by his family once he decided to come out.

The video went viral and LGBT community came out to support him. A close friend started a gofundme page to help Daniel out with expenses.

So far, he has raised over $90K. Here's more from Atlanta's 11Alive:
"I thought for myself, for my own protection if something were to happen it would be best to have it on video. I just hit record. I just hit camera and hit record. I just know that I did it for my protection and it kind of all went from there, and the video really speaks for itself," Pierce said.

From there, more than 3 million views on YouTube(Warning: video contains profanity and sensitive material) in just a few days. Television networks, websites and social media sites around the globe have published it. That Georgia teenager talked only to 11Alive's Jeremy Campbell about why he record the video.

"What I hope people take away from watching that is it still happens. A lot of people don't realize that it happens. They see all the positive videos and the negative video never gets seen so if one family maybe watches it and maybe changes their mind in how they are going to handle it about their son or daughter coming out, one family and I will be happy. I want to education people on the issue because it is something going on," Pierce said.
Watch the interview after the jump




1 comment:

KAOS said...

Everytime I hear about these gay kids disowned by their "families", I wonder about all the wealthy celebrity gays who do little or nothing for our kids. Bea Arthur left money to the Ali Forney Center in New York when she died - but what do the rich queens alive now do? Nothing.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.