Thursday, March 9, 2017

Whatever Happened to Jaye Davidson?


I was watching The Crying Game the other day and I was wondering... Whatever happened to Jaye Davidson?

Jaye played Dil in the film and was nominated for an Oscar. I was always obsessed with him and I loved his androgynous look.

Well, I just learned that Jaye retired from acting. He's in Paris, just living life. Here's more from Wikipedia:
At the time of his short acting career, he said that his androgynous look alienated him within the gay community, saying "Homosexual men love very masculine men. And I'm not a very masculine person. I'm reasonably thin. I have long hair, which isn't very popular with gay men." He later adopted a more masculine look, with a shaved head, tattoos and more developed physique.
This is him now

1 comment:

Glenn Ingersoll said...

One of the few interesting elements of the movie Stargate was Jaye's villain.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.